The building with the three turrets used to be a lime kiln. Now Grade II listed, it was built in 1819 for the Rashleigh family as part of the Menabilly estate, possibly on the site of a pilchard cellar. The ornamental turrets were added around 1900 and are topped with scallop shaped metal shingles, one turret bears a metal flag with a cut out image of the Fowey town seal.
In 1929 the limekiln was bought and subsequently restored by local furniture maker Jesse Julian who created a new rooftop lookout point, dedicated to his father. The covered shelter by the seawall was built in 1935 for the Silver Jubilee of George V and used to have glass panes in the windows.
A lean to structure where the shop and toilets are now is visible in photos from the 1900's. This was subsequently rebuilt as a flat roofed concrete toilet block and changing area. The access to the men's toilets used to be down the steps at the back where the shop bin storage now is. Local people talk fondly of soaking up the sun on the flat roof of the toilet block in their youth but sadly health & safety measures have required the roof to be fenced off.
There is more information about the limekiln on the Historic England website here.
Rather disappointingly, the word Readymoney does not derive from Fowey's history as a prime spot for smugglers. Instead it is believe to come from the old Cornish word 'redeman' which meant 'shallow ford' or 'stepping stones'.