Over recent months I have been working with a team from across Fowey to help plan a weekend of brilliant community events to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. Events are being focussed in different areas of Fowey on different days and on Saturday 4th June, the focus is on Readymoney for the Big Jubilee Sandcastle Competition and Big Jubilee Swim and Lunch. Read on for more information about each or for more up to date information as we get closer to the time, head to the Facebook events for the sandcastle competition here and for the Swim & Lunch here.
The Big Jubilee Sandcastle Competition
Build time: 10am to 11am
- Either sandcastles or sand structures - are acceptable
- No charge to participate but we will be collecting for charity (TBC) if you would like to make a cash donation
- Entrants must collect a token on registration and present it to the judges when requested
- All builds must start with a clear patch of sand at 10am
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places
- No restriction on numbers per build team or ratio of adults to children but these factors will be taken into consideration whilst judging
- We would encourage the use of natural adornments found locally on the beach. However if you bring anything else, please ensure that you remove it from the beach when you leave
- The judges' decisions are final
- Please be kind, this is a morning of fun family entertainment, please do not lose sight of that!