Part-Time Team Member
🍦 Permanent employed part-time senior cafe/retail assistant (Note: we would also consider a fixed term contract for the season June to Sept which may suit a university student with relevant previous experience).
🍰22-24 hours per week over four days ideally with flexibility to work additional hours to cover annual leave or sickness. Job could be split into into two roles for two individuals looking to work 2 days each.
⚠️ Strictly 18+
📆 Job will include regular weekend shifts on a repeating shift pattern but fixed days may be possible.
⏰ Earliest start time will be 8am, latest finish time will be 7.30pm depending on shift time. You will ideally need to work a combination of both early and late shifts but there is flexibility for the right candidate(s)
☕️ Catering/hospitality/tourism experience essential. Previous barista experience would be a bonus but training can be given. This job involves a lot of making coffee and scooping ice-cream!
🤩 Exemplary customer facing skills are a must
😊 Are you warm, charismatic, self-sufficient, proactive and a proven team player?
🤯 Are you level-headed, resilient and able to work under pressure in a busy fast paced customer facing environment?
🤗 Are you able to work unsupervised (after completion of relevant training period) and to provide supervision and direction to junior staff?
😌The job will include some lone working.
💷 £10.50 ph. Paid annual leave including additional day's paid leave for your birthday. Free drinks on shift and staff discount.
🏊🏻♀️ Swim before work, swim after work and make the most of working at one of Cornwall's most beautiful coves.
Job Description: Senior Shop Assistant
- Exemplary customer service with exceptional manners at all times
- Preparing drinks including coffee using a professional espresso machine.
- Scooping and serving ice-cream and managing the ice-cream freezer
- Cooking pasties and pastries in accordance with good food hygiene practices
- Serving customers and dealing with payments, cash and card
- Maintaining an overview of stock in order to identify ordering needs and restocking as necessary
- Supervising junior staff members during busy peak periods
- On-the-go and end of day cleaning
- Ensuring that all opening and closing checks are completed without exception every shift
- Cashing up and end of day reporting using till system
- Providing local information about the area to customers
- Cleaning and checking the public toilets
- Lone working off-season
- Picking online orders
- Social media input (optional, to be discussed with each team member)
💻 To apply please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this role by email to email@example.com
❌ Please do not drop paper applications into the shop.
11th May 2023